There is nothing worse than leaving your house will full, voluminous curls only to find them flat by the time you step out of the car! Our H&B team have collected some great hints and tips to make sure your curls last!
- Start with day old hair- your hair’s natural oils give your hair texture, which makes your strands more moldable.
- Skip the deep conditioner- it’s important to get into a regular routine of hair treatments, but they can have a tendency to weigh the hair down or make it incredibly slippery. So if you’re curling your hair tomorrow, give the treatment a miss this time!
- Start with the right products before you curl! Most people skip this step and instead pile on the hairspray after curling, but this will only leave you with crunchy, rigid curls. Before you dry your hair, apply a styling product (we love La Biosthetique’s Volumising Lotion before drying! Spray through damp hair before drying to provide weightless support and prevent flyaways)
- Now that your hair is dry, we often suggest using another styling spray such as La Biosthetique’s Powder Spray (spray in your roots when hair is dry and pull through with your fingers to disperse) or Curl Protect & Style (an amazing weightless styling spray that also provides heat protection!) and get to curling.
- Once you’re happy with your curls, lightly mist with hair spray (La Biosthetique have a great range of hairsprays depending on the hold and style you’re after- my personal favourite is their Molding Spray- it holds the curls but allows you to move the curls around and break them up if you wish!)