Hello summer, while we could not be happier that you have arrived, we are finding these off the chart hot days – well exhausting! Luckily, there is no better fix than catching up with your girlfriends, a little rum and some mint!
Cheers to a long hot summer, we look forward to seeing you in the salon soon and we hope you enjoy this classic simple Mojito, this drink is perfect when shared with someone special.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 20 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime, cut into small wedges
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar dissolves (a minute or so). Take the pan off heat and let the syrup cool.
- Put the mint and lime in a small pitcher, muddle them together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the mixture smells minty, be gentle you do not want to bruise the mint.
- Add the rum and cooled syrup to the small pitcher and mix it all together.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour the Mojito mixture into each glass, top it off with sparkling water.