Hair Art & Beauty (referred to as “we”, “our”, or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information the user (referred to as “you” or “your”) may provide us whether in person or via our website.
All personal information that you supply to us through this website will be handled and saved according to the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (“Privacy Act”).
We may collect personal information about you, directly from you, when you use this website or deal with us over the telephone or by letter or e-mail. You may voluntarily provide us with your personal information to enable us to provide you with information or services, respond to your enquiries, or carry out a transaction that you have requested. Personal information collected by us may include your name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal or physical address, or other personal information relating to orders.
There are various situations in which we may request you to provide personal information to us, including as described in our Terms and Conditions and when you:
- Complete forms on this website (including applications, search forms, competition entry forms, registration forms, and order forms)
- create, modify, or use any accounts or registered user facilities available through this website
Except for information collected automatically, we will not attempt to collect personal information about you without your knowledge. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide your personal information (or if you provide incorrect personal information), we might not be able to provide you with access to services or complete orders.
Where we collect personal information about you from a third party source, we will take reasonable steps to make you aware of such collection and to make you aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information from that third party source.
When you visit this website, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies, sessions and website statistics software) to collect certain information about your visit, including:
- the internet protocol address and host name used by your computer to connect to this website
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses
- the search engine or inbound hyperlink you used to reach this website
- the date, time and duration of your visit
- the pages viewed by you
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or website security breaches.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Credit card payments are handled by a third party using a secure gateway (Payment Express) where data is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Credit Card details are never stored.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
- personalise your visits to this website
- enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of this website
- enable you to use certain services or functionality
- evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on this website
- track website usage patterns
Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie session. Although you may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
Use and Disclosure
The personal information we collect from all users will be used to operate this website and to provide services you have authorised or requested. We may also use personal information collected by us as described in our Terms and Conditions to:
- respond to any questions or correspondence from you
- improve this website and any related services
- monitor the quality and standard of services provided by Hair Art & Beauty
- carry out internal research and development
- analyse website usage, trends and statistics
- verify your identity or to provide you with a replacement password when you forget your username or password for any account you have with us
- supply you with further information concerning products and services which may be of interest to you
- carry out any other use that is authorised by you or is notified to you at the time of collection
- we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of you, us, or others
- we are required or permitted by law to disclose the information
Where you have requested or authorised us to send you messages (for example, newsletters and information concerning products and services which may be of interest to you) you can request us to stop sending you such messages by taking any one of the following steps:
- using the unsubscribe feature (if present) in any such message
- if you are a registered user of this website, logging in to your account and updating the appropriate preferences (if available) for that account
- contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have received your request we will, as soon as is practicable, comply with that request.
Personal Information about Others
Access and Correction
Where we hold your personal information in such a way that it can readily be retrieved, you are entitled to request access to that information or to obtain our confirmation of whether we hold that information. We may require that you meet our reasonable costs of supplying this information to you. If we are unable to meet your request for access, we will let you know why.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
It is important to us that your personal information held by us is accurate, complete and current. If you are a registered user of this website, you may log in to your account and (functionality permitting) update your personal information.
To request access to, or correction of, your personal information held by us, you may contact email@example.com
Storage and Security
Where we store your personal information will depend on the nature and purpose of the information and the manner in which you supply it to us. We may hold your personal information at our other offices.
No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information transmitted from or to you. Once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to protect that information against loss or misuse and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
Third Party Websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of third party websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When visiting a third party websites from hyperlinks on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those website so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be collected, stored, used and distributed.
Hair Art & Beauty may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. Hair Art & Beauty does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
Hair Art & Beauty uses the DPS Payment Express Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. Payment Express processes online credit card transactions for thousands of merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the Payment Express gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Hair Art & Beauty or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 168 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within Payment Express’ bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- Payment Express is an authorised third party processor for all the major NZ banks.
- Payment Express at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Hair Art & Beauty.
For more information about Payment Express and online credit card payments, please visit https://www.paymentexpress.com/